Knob and Tube Wiring in Los Angeles County
You should consider rewiring your home if you have Knob and Tube Wiring throughout the house. If you have ungrounded two prong copper wiring throughout the house, you should consider having your house rewired so you can have the added safety of a ground conductor in your home’s electrical wiring system.
What is knob and tube wiring?The tubes are ceramic and go through the studs with the wire through them. The knobs are also ceramic devices that hold the wire secure and away from the studs.
Why is Knob and Tube Dangerous?Knob and tube should be replaced. The original wiring was designed to carry less electrical current than today’s standard wiring. Today’s air conditioners, dishwashers, and high current devices pull too much electricity for knob and tube wiring and causes old wires to get hot thus become a fire hazard. If you have knob and tube wiring in your home, consider having your electrical wiring system updated. Call our expert Los Angeles County knob and tube wiring experts today for a FREE estimate 626-888-5640.
What are risks with knob and tube wiring?
- OLD METHOD: Knob and tube wiring is no longer safe wiring
- NO GROUND: There is no ground wire in this method; this means you can become part of the circuit.
- CONNECTIONS: The connections are not in electrical boxes. If any arcing is to occur, it is in your walls or attic along with the insulation.
- BARE CONDUCTORS: Old and damaged insulation leaves the electrical conductors bare.
- WATER: Water leaks can damage the insulation or connections.
- RODENTS: Rodents chew off the insulation.
- PAST ALTERATIONS: Often, the wiring has been altered in the past and damage has occurred.
Bottom line, this type of wiring is very unsafe!
Our Knob and Tube Wiring Provides the Following Services
We Provide Knob and Tube Wiring in the Following Towns
Latest Electrical Articles
- Selecting the Right Los Angeles County Electrician is Vital for Electrical Safety
- Los Angeles County Electrical Wiring Inspections